Elder Neil L. Andersen (Apr. '23): "My Mind Caught Hold upon This Thought of Jesus Christ"

 For me, this was a great talk.  I was especially touched as I re-read it by the principles that Elder Andersen mentions which led me to insights on specific actions I can take to center my life more on Christ.

The Activity:

  1. Read par. 7 "My prayer at . . . the Savior's love."
  2. Invite the class members to share some ways they consciously center Christ in their lives.
  3. After some discussion, explain that Elder Andersen shares some principles in his talk for centering Christ in our lives.  Each of these three principles can help us identify some specifics actions we can take to guide our lives and center it on Christ.
  4. Divide the class into three groups
  5. Assign each group one of the following quotes (all from par. 8):
    1. "Filling our mind . . .  and glorious resurrection."
    2. "We pray and . . . closer to Him."
    3. "We welcome into . . . our busy lives."
  6. Ask each group to discuss their assigned quote and to identify some ways to put these principles into practice.
  7. After a couple of minutes, ask each group to share some of their ideas.  

Using the Activity:

The doctrines and principles of the gospel are eternal; however, the applications of the gospel can vary according to our circumstances (going to the temple once a week might be right for one person, but only going monthly might be right for another).  The impetus behind this activity is to highlight the broad number of ways we can apply principles and teaching of our leaders in a variety of ways and to help people imagine real, doable ways of centering Christ in their lives.  

As always, thank you for visiting my blog.  I hope you found something useful here.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elder Ronald A. Rasband (Apr. '23): "Hosanna to the Most High God"

Bishop W. Christopher Waddell (Oct. '23): "More Than a Hero"

Elder David A. Bednar (Apr. '23): "Abide in Me, and I in You; Therefore, Walk with Me"